Choosing commercial garage door sizes is a crucial decision that can significantly impact the functionality and efficiency of any commercial space. Whether you own a warehouse, an auto repair shop, a loading dock, or any other business with a commercial garage, finding the right door size is essential for smooth operations and maximizing productivity. In this blog post, We'll explore the various considerations, including the dimensions of your vehicles or equipment, the available space, and the specific requirements of your business.
Various Commercial Garage Door Sizes
When it comes to selecting a commercial garage door, size plays a crucial role. Choosing the right size ensures that the door fits perfectly and functions efficiently for the intended purpose. Commercial garage doors are available in various sizes to accommodate different types of businesses and industries. Let's explore the different commercial garage door sizes and their applications.
- Roll-Up Commercial Doors: Roll-up commercial doors are a popular choice for businesses that have limited space or require frequent access. These doors roll up vertically and occupy minimal overhead space, making them suitable for small garages or storage areas. Roll-up doors are available in standard sizes ranging from 8 feet to 18 feet in width and 7 feet to 14 feet in height. However, custom sizes can also be obtained to meet specific requirements.
- Insulated Choices: Insulated commercial garage doors are designed to provide energy efficiency and temperature control. These doors are commonly used in facilities where temperature regulation is crucial, such as warehouses, distribution centers, and refrigerated storage areas. Insulated doors come in standard sizes similar to roll-up doors but with the added benefit of insulation to maintain a comfortable environment inside the building.
- Overhead Doors: Overhead doors are a versatile option for commercial properties, offering durability and security. These doors operate by rolling vertically and then horizontally along tracks. They are available in various sizes, ranging from 10 feet to 24 feet in width and 8 feet to 20 feet in height. Overhead doors can be customized to meet specific requirements, ensuring a perfect fit for the building.
Sizes and Types of Garage Doors for Industrial Use
Industries often require large and robust garage doors to accommodate the movement of heavy equipment and vehicles. Let's explore the different sizes and types of garage doors commonly used in industrial settings.
- Roll-Up Sheet Garage Doors: Roll-up sheet garage doors are specifically designed for industrial applications, providing enhanced durability and security. These doors are available in widths ranging from 10 feet to 50 feet and heights of up to 30 feet. Roll-up sheet doors are constructed with heavy-duty materials, making them suitable for high-traffic areas and harsh environments.
- Rolling Steel Service Garage Doors: Rolling steel service garage doors are commonly used in industrial facilities where security is a top priority. These doors are available in various sizes and can be customized to fit openings of different dimensions. They are constructed with strong steel slats that provide excellent security and durability, making them ideal for warehouses, factories, and loading docks.
- Aluminum and Glass Full-View Doors: Aluminum and glass full-view doors are a popular choice for industrial facilities that require natural light and visibility. These doors are available in standard sizes and offer a sleek and modern aesthetic. The sizes range from 8 feet to 24 feet in width and 8 feet to 20 feet in height. Aluminum and glass full-view doors are suitable for showrooms, car dealerships, and buildings where aesthetics and visibility are important.
- Sectional Ribbed Steel Garage Doors: Sectional ribbed steel garage doors are widely used in industrial settings due to their durability and insulation properties. These doors consist of multiple panels that can be customized to fit specific sizes. They are available in various widths and heights, ensuring a perfect fit for different industrial applications.
Deciding Between Insulation or Non-Insulation?
When choosing a commercial garage door size, it's essential to consider whether insulation is necessary. Insulated doors provide better temperature control, energy efficiency, and soundproofing. They are ideal for businesses that require regulated environments or adjacent spaces that require insulation. Non-insulated doors, on the other hand, are more cost-effective and suitable for applications where insulation is not a primary concern.
Choosing Commercial Garage Door Sizes with the Help of Pacific Experts Garage Door Repair
Selecting the right commercial garage door size can be a challenging task, considering the numerous options available. That's where Pacific Experts Garage Door Repair comes in. With our expertise and knowledge, we can guide you in choosing the perfect garage door size that suits your specific requirements. We offer a wide range of commercial garage doors in different sizes, types, and materials to ensure optimal functionality and security for your business.
Can I get a custom-sized commercial garage door?
Yes, Pacific Experts Garage Door Repair provides custom-sized garage doors to meet your specific needs.
Are insulated commercial garage doors more expensive?
Insulated doors tend to be slightly more expensive than non-insulated doors due to the added insulation material.
How do I know which garage door size is suitable for my business?
Pacific Experts Garage Door Repair offers professional consultation to help you determine the right size based on your requirements.
Can I install a commercial garage door myself?
It is recommended to hire professional garage door technicians for the installation to ensure proper fitting and functionality.
Do commercial garage doors come with warranties?
Yes, most commercial garage doors come with warranties that cover manufacturing defects and certain components.