Making sure your garage door is lubricated properly is one of the many ways to prolong the life of your garage door. Fortunately, it’s easy to do and doesn’t take much time. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
Make sure the garage door is clear of any debris.
When you’re ready to apply the lubricant, you will want to make sure that your garage door is completely clear of any debris. This prevents unnecessary damage from occurring and helps ensure that the lubricant properly adheres to the surface.
To do this, start by removing any leaves or other objects from the garage door frame and tracks. Then, use a broom or leaf blower to sweep up any remaining debris in order to ensure that your floor is clean and dry.
Next, wipe down each section of track with a damp cloth so that it’s thoroughly clean before applying the lubricant—this will prevent dirt from clogging up your hinges and causing problems later on down the line!
Using a solvent, clean any areas around the hinges that are especially dirty.
- Using a solvent, clean any areas around the hinges that are especially dirty.
- Use a vacuum to remove dirt and debris around the garage door tracks and springs.
- Apply lubricant to all moving parts of your garage door, including rollers, springs, pulleys and cables.
Make sure all parts of the door are moving freely.
Before lubrication, you should make sure all parts of the door are moving freely. Check springs, pulleys, rollers and hinges to be sure there’s no rust or damage. Get spring replacement before lubricating the rest of the system if anything is loose or rusted.
Next step is cleaning off any old lubricant from all of those components so that they can receive new product effectively. A stiff brush will help get rid of any grime or dirt on these parts as well as grease from previous applications that would block new oil from getting where it needs to go (this could lead your garage door being jammed for longer periods).
Lubricate the rollers, springs and other parts of the door with a silicone or Teflon-based spray.
To properly lubricate your garage door, you’ll need to make sure all of the rollers, springs and other parts are doused with a silicone or Teflon-based spray. Spray lubricant on the rollers, springs and other parts of the door. Also, be sure to spray lubricant on the hinges. If you have tracks for your sliding doors rather than panels that slide up and down in an accordion fashion, spray some extra stuff there too (but not so much as to make it run). Finally, if you have springs on your garage door system—which is likely—spray them down with this stuff as well.
Lubricate the garage door track, starting at one end and working your way to the other.
It’s important to lubricate the garage door track, starting at one end and working your way to the other. A silicone-based spray is ideal for this job; make sure that you get everything: door hinges, roller wheels, cables and all of their moving parts. It’s also a good idea to check out your garage door opener as well; if it has visible gears or pulleys (like some old fashioned openers do), give them a quick spritz too!
To get your garage door lubricated right, follow these steps
To get the best results, follow these steps:
- Before you start, make sure that your garage door is clear of any debris. If there is any dirt or grime on the tracks, clean it off with a dry cloth. Also clean around all hinges and other parts of the door that are especially dirty. This will help prevent further wear and tear caused by friction as they move against each other.
- When everything looks good to go, it’s time to lubricate your garage door’s moving parts with a silicone or Teflon-based spray. Spray liberally on all rollers and springs (including those inside the track), paying special attention to where they meet at each joint.
Need your garage door replaced? Call the experts at Pacific Experts Garage Doors in Las Vegas, Nevada!
So, there you have it—it’s a pretty straightforward process that shouldn’t take more than an hour. If you find any part of it confusing or hard to understand, feel free to ask us for help. We’ll be more than happy to assist, no matter what stage of the process you might be stuck on. We provide the best garage door repair in Las Vegas.